You are eager to learn about adult learning principles, and how to structure eLearning to meet learners' unique needs in an online environment.
You have excellent interpersonal skills, allowing you to become a trusted advisor as you collaborate with stakeholders to meet their training needs.
Writing concisely comes naturally to you.
We Know Training is looking for a passionate person to join our eLearning team, at our Edmonton Head office as a Junior Instructional Designer ! The successful candidate will be help envision and shape We Know Training products, with the goal of elevating the user experience and wowing our customers and learners. You will work with other Instructional Designers to design and write instructionally sound eLearning courses, adhering to adult learning principles and instructional design best practices. Together we will create engaging and interactive eLearning programs, while working with our team of illustrators and developers.
We’d love to meet you, so if you think this is your gig – let us know with a brief cover letter & resume.
What would you be doing?
- Along with the Project Manager and Instructional Design team, collaborate with client team leads and subject matter experts to capture key content.
- Analyze content, target audience, and learner environment to identify appropriate instructional strategies for adult learners.
- Define behavioural and performance-based learning objectives.
- Write instructional designs that reflect our clients’ business needs and program requirements for eLearning and blended learning solutions.
- Write engaging, interactive, and innovative courses and modules that meet project budget, schedule, and scope
- Identify, define, and/or select appropriate media to support educational goals and outcomes
- Write test questions to reinforce learning and provide feedback about learner success in achieving learning objectives
Supporting eLearning Team
- Assist production team members with authoring courses.
- Support project managers and production team members by clarifying instructional strategies/goals to ensure educational goals and outcomes are met at every stage
- Assist with additional activities including instructional design and writing for marketing proposals, award applications, demos, concept papers, and blogs
- Participate in the continuous improvement of processes and deliverables
What qualities are we looking for?
- Degree (preferred) or diploma in education, instructional technology, training and development, English, or communications.
- Minimum of 1 - 4 years industry experience is required
- Ability to analyze complex content
- Ability to communicate information and ideas clearly and concisely in writing
- High degree of accountability and ability to design and develop courses within the specified scope, budget, and timeline.
- Willingness to learn instructional methodologies.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills, including the ability to collaborate with clients and become a trusted advisor.
- Strong organizational skills, including the ability to participate on multiple projects with overlapping timelines, and flexibility to meet the changing priorities and needs of various clients, learners, and budgets.
- Someone who shares our core values:
- Honest, Empowered, and Accountable
- Creative, Smart, and Curious
- Flexible in the Face of Change
- Embrace the Entrepreneurial Spirit
- Community Focused
Why We Know Training?
We Know Training is a full-service, go-to provider of credentialed online training. We offer everything needed to build, deliver, and distribute online training in regulated and public-serving industries. We are fast-moving and growth-oriented company, with an aggressive 10-year outlook. Your teammates here will be creative, smart, and curious, and your career trajectory here will have almost limitless growth potential.
- 100% company-funded medical and dental benefit premiums
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible paid time off program
- Casual dress environment
- Free coffee
- Growth potential