You are a leader and a pioneer. You want to be on the cutting edge of innovation, writing and publishing code for software that will benefit others.
You are a builder. You’re smart and get things done. You’re passionate about coding and problem solving. It’s more than just a hobby, it’s a passion. You want your time and effort to go to a meaningful cause you can believe in.
We Know Training is looking for a full-time Senior Full Stack Developer to join our Platform Technology Team as an employee. We offer fully remote, hybrid, and work from office options. An ambitious and talented developer looking for their next full-time gig. The successful candidate will design and develop new features, system integrations, and data driven workflows on RapidLMS, and its surrounding ecosystem of applications. We’re a collaborative and innovative team, looking for someone who wants to contribute to a platform that has a huge impact in the world of regulated and credentialed training.
If that sounds like your thing, apply now. Please include a brief cover letter with your resume.
- Work with Product Manager and Executives to design and develop integrations and features that enable smooth operations of our business and provide value to our clients
- Design and develop product enhancements as well as new features for all parts of our platform
- Write code and supporting tests following quality guidelines to implement platform changes
- Release & monitor your code and participate in peer code review & QA in an agile environment
- Take personal ownership of project work to deliver features with predictability and work towards reasonable due dates
- Recommend and participate in codebase refactoring
- Writing clean, well-thought-out, high quality, reliable and robust code
- Design and build intelligent architecture that supports new features and maintains extensibility
- Help shape the future of We Know Training’s software platforms, with an emphasis on user experience
- Understand and interact with your users and target market to better design and build a system that will provide them with what they need
- Work with a great team to create robust scalable architecture
- Investigate, debug, and fix platform issues
- Liaise with sales & support teams around more complicated platform issues.
- Participate in off-hours/on-call rotation response team during platform emergencies or maintenance
- Manage status page updates
- At least 2-4 years of professional programming experience is ideal, but if you consider yourself and intermediate or senior software developer than this role is for you
- Post-secondary education in information technology, computer science, or a related field is an asset
- Experience working on a Software as a Service (SaaS) product
- Assist team with scoping Epics and Story Pointing User Stories
- Location for this position is within 4 hours of Mountain Time Zone
- Proactive approach to analyzing and delivering technical solutions to business problems
- Understanding of the Ruby-on-Rails framework is an asset
- Knowledge and experience with PostgreSQL is an asset
- Proficiency in building user interfaces with Angular/HTML/CSS/HAML is an asset
- Experience with GraphQL is an asset
- Experience deploying to Docker/Kubernetes-based environments is an asset
- Strong communication skills, and ability to explain technical concepts to a range of individuals (from developers to clients)
- Interest and integrity to work as part of an Agile Scrum team based in Edmonton
Why We Know Training
We Know Training is a full-service, go-to provider of credentialed online training. We offer everything needed to build, deliver, and distribute online training in regulated and public-serving industries. We are fast-moving and growth-oriented company, with an aggressive 10-year outlook. Your teammates here will be creative, smart, and curious, and your career trajectory here will have almost limitless growth potential.
- Flexible work program offering fully remote, hybrid, and full-time office (Edmonton or Toronto) options
- 100% premiums paid for medical and dental
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible working hours
- Flexible paid time off program
- Casual dress environment
- Fun company culture
- Growth potential
We Know Training is an equal opportunity employer and values a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to ethnicity, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age or disability. Accommodations for disability-related needs throughout the recruitment and selection process are available upon request. Any information provided by you for accommodations will be kept confidential and won’t be used in the selection process.